Employment Solutions has been a resource for persons with various disabilities for more than 20 years. It developed into an organisation that offers vocational options and development opportunities across demographics.
Employment Solutions developed a unique approach that offers disability-friendly services focused on job related capacity building. Therefore, not only giving dignity and purpose to a marginalised part of our society, but also offering services that make business sense in the socio-economic context of South Africa.
Persons with disabilities have special challenges in obtaining employment. Workplaces are not always disability-friendly, people are not sensitive and coping with day-to-day activities can be very difficult.
Employment Solutions therefore strives to establish partnership with government departments and the business sector to create promote accommodating and disability-friendly work environments and co-operation models that address the needs and challenges of all parties. Mutually beneficial relationships are established to create employment opportunities for persons with diverse disabilities.
In the past 20 years this non-profit company has grown from providing day care activities to adults with disabilities to managing sustainable employment related projects that at the same time facilitate income generation for persons with disabilities and integrates their capabilities into the greater society.
- To empower every person with a disability in Gauteng North according to their unique capabilities through integrated and meaningful access to vocational and employment options
- To develop and maintain a sustainable protective workshop for persons with disabilities
- To empower these persons through appropriate skills transfer and development, whilst delivering quality products and services to various industries
- To facilitate the awareness of a disability-friendly work environment
- To enhance and promote the mobility, independence and dignity of persons with disabilities
- To facilitate the development of capacity in protective workshops and disability groups throughout Tshwane
In order to achieve our vision and mission Employment Solutions is committed to the following values:
- Respect the dignity of all people
- Honouring human rights
- Fostering an inclusive culture
- Believing in the potential and capabilities of every person
- Maintaining honest and transparent business relationships
- Adhering to accountability principles
- Commitment to quality, reliability and on-time delivery within projects
- Commitment to health, safety, environmental responsibility and sustainable development
Employment Solutions values the alignment of its activities with the UN Convention and South African legislation relevant to the rights of persons with disabilities.
Latest modification: 18/09/2020